Las Vegas Mandalay Bay massacre is deadliest shooting in modern US history – Suspect Dead

A gunman carried out the deadliest mass shooting in US history by opening fire at a Las Vegas outdoor music concert — killing at least 50 people and wounding more than 200 before being fatally shot, officials said.

Stephen Paddock, 64, of Mesquite, Nev., unleashed a withering hail of bullets from an automatic weapon from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel as about 40,000 people were enjoying the music.

Described as a “lone wolf” by Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo, Paddock had a criminal past and was known to local law enforcement, NBC News reported.

He had no known connection to terrorism and police have not called the shooting a terrorist attack, according to Lombardo.

Modal Trigger
Stephen Paddock Facebook

“We have no idea what his belief system was,” Lombardo said. “Right now, we believe he was the sole aggressor and the scene is static.”

He added that “numerous firearms” had been located in the room he had occupied at his Mandalay Bay room, which a SWAT team broke into with a controlled explosion.

The attack came during the last performances on the final night of the three-day Route 91 country music festival on a 15-acre lot on Las Vegas Boulevard across from Mandalay Bay.

Authorities said they have located 62-year-old Marilou Danley, who was wanted as a person of interest in the massacre. She had been sitting in Paddock’s car before the attack, Lombardo said.

He described her as an “associate.”

Police also found two vehicles with Nevada license plates, a Hyundai Tucson and a Chrysler Pacifica Touring, that they had been looking for after the rampage, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.

Two off-duty police officers attending the concert were among the dead victims, Lombardo said. Two on-duty Las Vegas cops were wounded, one critically, he said.

President Trump tweeted his “warmest condolences and sympathies to the victims and families of the terrible Las Vegas shooting. God bless you!”

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement: “We are monitoring the situation closely and offer our full support to state and local officials.”

“All of those affected are in our thoughts and prayers,” she added.

The gunfire rang out while country music star Jason Aldean was onstage.

Aldean, who described the scene as “beyond horrific,” said he and his crew were safe.

“My Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved tonight,” he wrote on Instagram. “It hurts my heart that this would happen to anyone who was just coming out to enjoy what should have been a fun night.”

MGM Resorts International, which owns Mandalay Bay, released a statement from company CEO Jim Murren.

“Our hearts and prayers go out to the victims of last night’s shooting, their families, and those still fighting for their lives,” Murren said. “We are working with law enforcement and will continue to do all we can to help all of those involved.”

Concertgoer Ivetta Saldana, who was there with a friend and hid in a sewer, said the shots sounded like fireworks, the Las Vegas paper reported.

“It was a horror show,” she said at the Town Square shopping center south of the Strip. “People were standing around, then they hit the floor.”

Mandalay Bay, the MGM Grand and the Tropicana remained on lockdown early Monday while guests were told to stay in their rooms.

Matt and Robyn Webb from Orange County said they sheltered under their seats as bullets rained down from the direction of Mandalay Bay.

“It just kept coming,” Robyn Webb told the paper. “It was relentless.”

They later fled toward Reno Avenue, where they said they saw as many as 20 people bleeding in the street.

“That’s when we knew for sure it was real,” Matt Webb said.

A reporter on the scene at Mandalay Bay said people could be seen running from a casino entrance into the ground floor of the parking garage at the hotel.

Victims were rushed to University Medical Center and Sunrise Hospital Medical Center. Medical personnel from across the region were called into hospitals and to the scene.

The wounded were seen being moved in wheelbarrows and luggage carts.

Mike McGarry, a 53-year-old financial adviser from Philadelphia, said he was at the concert when he heard hundreds of shots ring out.

“It was crazy — I laid on top of the kids. They’re 20. I’m 53. I lived a good life,” said McGarry, whose shirt bore footprints, after people in the panicked crowd ran over him.

When gunfire broke out, Michelle Leonard was in a booth near the main entrance of the concert.

“It sounded like a thousand shots,” Leonard, a vendor, told ABC News on Monday. The shooting just “kept going nonstop.”

Leonard said “mass confusion” unfolded as people tried to escape the carnage. She said her friend stepped over several dead victims as they tried to flee the “scary” scene.

“I turned around and I looked and people just started running,” she said. “People were just running and falling and screaming,” she said, adding that it seemed as if the shooting lasted for more than a minute.

“It sounded like maybe 16 to 20 rounds,” Leonard said. “I had no idea of where it was coming from or where to run to.”

The death toll, which police emphasized was preliminary, would make the attack the deadliest mass shooting in US history, eclipsing last year’s massacre of 49 people at an Orlando, Fla., nightclub.

With Post wires

#prayforvegas

Cedar City Utah man arrested for raping 7-year-old ‘thousands of times

(KUTV) A man was arrested Sunday in Cedar City, Utah, for raping and molesting a girl “thousands of times.”

Breaking Bad Bail Bonds

(KUTV) A man was arrested Sunday in Cedar City, Utah, for raping and molesting a girl “thousands of times.”

The suspect is Victor Francisco Michel-Lara, who so far is facing two charges of felony rape of a child. Police said in charging documents that it appears he is in the United States illegally and may also be guilty of aggravated re-entry into the United States.

Police interviewed the suspect after a 7-year-old girl at the Children’s Justice Center said Michel-Lara raped her and touched her vagina multiple times.

“She stated that this happened many times in the last 6 months. The seven year old stated that it was thousands of times,” the documents read.

Police then interviewed Michel-Lara. Police said he told them that on two occasions he was putting lotion on the girl and she was sitting on his lap, moved around a lot and said his fingers accidentally slipped into her vagina. He also reportedly told police that twice after he got out of the shower and then during rough-housing, the girl slipped and fell on him and that is when the rape occurred.

According to the documents, the suspect had been arrested on other unrelated charges and was previously deported to Mexico. Police said they believe the man is a flight risk with family in Washington, but weren’t clear if that meant the state of Washington or Washington D.C.

He was given a $200,000 cash bail.

See source here.

Erase Mug Shots

Facebook Live video shows just what happens when you overdose on heroin

BOSTON – A Facebook Live video from Dorchester shows a couple in a car shooting up and the life and death struggle that follows.

Posted on Wednesday just before 5:30 p.m. in Dorchester, a man walks up to confront a couple about using drugs in his neighborhood.

Read more “Facebook Live video shows just what happens when you overdose on heroin”

Police looking for man last seen in Ogden after 3 bodies found on Idaho property

Breaking Bad Bail Bonds

Police are searching for Gerald Michael Bullinger, 60, who is wanted for failure to report a death, a felony charge. Police in Idaho say Bullinger should be considered “armed and dangerous.”

CALDWELL, Idaho — Authorities are looking for a man last seen in Ogden after three women were found shot to death on his Idaho property Monday.

Police are searching for Gerald Michael Bullinger, 60, who is wanted for failure to report a death, a felony charge. Police in Idaho say Bullinger should be considered “armed and dangerous.”

Bullinger may be driving a white 2007 Ford Focus with a Utah license plate reading 129UMP. He was last seen in Ogden about 10 days ago, according to a report from the Idaho Statesman.

Lt. Tim Scott of the Ogden Police Department said that police have been aware of Bullinger since Monday when the bodies were found.

Police served a search warrant in Ogden earlier this week in connection to this case, Scott said. He would not say if the property where the search warrant was served was owned by Bullinger or his family.

On Monday, the Canyon County (Idaho) Sheriff’s Office responded to a welfare check at a home on Kcid Road outside Caldwell, Idaho.

Three partially decomposed bodies were found hidden in a shed outside the home, according to the Idaho Statesman. The deaths likely happened between one and two weeks ago, police told the Statesman.

Cheryl Baker, Bullinger’s wife, is missing and hasn’t been heard from for around 10 days, her brother Byron Baker told the Statesman. However, Idaho police would not say whether Baker was one of three women found.

Bullinger and Baker, who recently retired as an art teacher at GreenWood Charter School in Harrisville, were in the process of moving from Ogden to Idaho, the Statesman reported.

Police have not released the names of the deceased and would not comment if the women were related to Bullinger. Police said the women ranged in age from mid-teens to mid-50s.

Scott said that Ogden police are investigating this case in collaboration with the Canyon County Sheriff’s Department, which is the leading the investigation.

The Ogden Police Department would not release any additional information regarding the case, citing that the investigation is ongoing and releasing additional information my compromise the investigation.

If you have any information regarding this case, please call the Canyon County Sheriff’s Department at 208-454-7510.

 

Erase Mug Shots